Some Comments About Sustainability & The Environment
- Obviously, all of us need to do our share to reduce, reuse and recycle whenever it is practical to do so. Personally, I have recycled paper & plastic and composted at home for many, many years.
- All glass is 100% recyclable. It is the only infinitely recyclable beverage package in the world.
- Glass is a natural product.
- Glass is completely inert, non-porous, safe, convenient and makes a very attractive package.
- Most glass bottle factories in the world use significant percentages of recycled glass to produce new glass.
- One recycled bottle = one new bottle.
- Our corrugated boxes are 100% recyclable.
- Post-industrial paper content is used in all corrugated packaging.
- Post-consumer paper content is used in most all corrugated packaging.
- We coordinate factory and customer deliveries to optimize transportation system efficiencies and energy usage.
- Rail transportation of glass bottles is more than 3 x as energy efficient as trucks. And ocean transportation of glass bottles is even more energy efficient than ocean transportation. When practical, we use all modes of freight transportation to minimize Green House Gas Emissions (GHG). Please see US DOT Maritime Administration website for more information www.marad.dot.gov
- We reuse or recycle paper and packaging in our warehouses and offices.
- We only deal with suppliers that share our values about operating our business in an environmentally responsible manner.
© 2012 Vintners Global Resource, LLC. All Rights Reserved. • Phone: 888-250-1851 • Fax: 509-966-9860